Thursday 22 November 2012

oscar wilson t-shirt design



The artist who created the artwork is Oscar  Wilson. Oscar  Wilson  crates a range of illustrations , each of illustrations that he created especially the electric guitar in particular has the names of famous places which then creates a shape that links to the names of the famous places. The artist used a range materials and techniques to produce the range of illustration images such as, cartridge paper to drawn out the shape of the object, tracing paper to trace out the words around the inside of the object that was drawn on to the cartridge paper and Illustrator to produce the outcome of the guitar-shaped calligram logo. The artist has used the techniques effectively by, using the colours  to create a contrast for each part of the calligram image. The theme of this image is music festivals and he comes up with different sorts of music festivals because he wants the names of the music festivals so that it will link to the source of the image. I like his artwork because I like how he uses words or names of places connect to certain type of object or animal or even describing a certain type of person. 
I first drawn a silhouette of a surfer and a surfboard onto cartridge paper with a pencil. Then I  wrote down words that relates to surfing in the surfer and surfboard silhouette, afterwards, I traced the words that in the silhouette using both fine liner and tracing paper. After that I scanned the calligram image on to computer and dragged the image on to Illustrator then I used the live trace tool to trace around the words that are in the silhouette image. When I've done live tracing  of the calligram image I used the paint bucket tool to fill in the spaces within the calligram logo. Then I found a image of a t-shirt after I found a t-shirt or a t-shirt template I  finally dragged the calligram logo and I placed the logo onto the t-shirt template image.  The parts that went well are use of texts that I used to create the shape and form of the calligram logo. I could improve the calligram logo by enlarging the scale of the logo and fill in the spaces of the logo by adding more colour or text to it. The materials and techniques I used to create the Oscar Wilson inspired calligram design are, colour range, tracing paper,
Photo shop, Illustrator, fine liner, text tool and paint bucket tool.





No comments:

Post a Comment