Thursday 22 November 2012

chris ede inspired t-shirt outcome

Firstly I found an image on line and upload it onto Photo shop, then I went onto filter and cutout and it basically make the image more broad when it to adding detail to it, but before I cutout the image I fill in the wave and the surfer in a colour that relates to the sea and to surfing so that it will dark tonal silhouette of the surfer which contrasts the background of the image as a whole. Afterwards, I added detail to the waves of the image and I filled the background with a lighter shade of the colour that I used to create the surfer silhouette. Also I used the brush tool to create the outline around the background and the waves of the image. Then I added text onto the background so that the final outcome will be a Chris Ede inspired outcome. 














I used a darker outline around the silhouette so that it will stand out towards the detail  of the  Chris Ede  inspired T-shirt. The comparisons between the Chris Ede illustration and the my Chris Ede inspired T-shirt design are that I used the same colours that are based on surfing, but the differences between the Chris Ede inspired T-shirt design and the Chris Ede illustration are that the Chris Ede uses a rough texture around the background the outline of the surfing illustration. But I used a smooth texture around the background so that I would keep the simple elements of the Chris Ede inspiration . The parts that went well are the use of shapes and colour of the details of the Chris Ede inspired T-shirt design. The parts that I should improve are to enlarge the font of the text of the name of the surfing brand name and not use too much detail towards the waves of the Chris Ede inspired image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment