Sunday 28 October 2012

t-shirt evaluation

I used different sorts of techniques and materials through out the project. The artist that inspired me for my final outcome of the T-shirt surfing project is both Si Scott and Oscar Wilson because they both not just use text in their artwork or illustrations or even their T-shirt designs is because they use their skills to create different styles of text. I also did a surfing mood board which the pictures of the mood board is range of surfers, surfboards and surfing costumes. The parts the project that went well are the Si Scott typography inspired logo and the mind map of ideas of names of my surfing brand . The reason why the Si Scott typography inspired logo went well is because I can use different sorts of tools such as warp tool to create free flowing wave patterns and shapes around the font when I was on Illustrator creating the digital Si Scott t-shirt design. And the parts that I struggled on was the digital version of the silhouette T-shirt design because I didn't have enough time to understand what I was doing when I was making the silhouette T-shirt design on Photo shop. The materials and techniques mostly are, tracing paper, fine liner, cartridge paper, Photoshop and Illustrator. The similarities between  my Si Scott's inspired typography logo and Oscar Wilson's inspired calligram logo is the use of bright colors that I used for each logo. The artwork that is the most effective is my  Oscar Wilson's calligram inspired logo because I used different styles of fonts to create the form of a silhouette of a surfer. The pieces that I will use for my final T-shirt outcome is either the silhouette and Si Scott's inspired logo or my Oscar Wilson's inspired calligram logo. I would like to use either of the pieces for my final outcome because I want my surfing to be targeted to both female and male surfing audience and I want to make my final T-shirt outcome to be effective towards my target market.

No comments:

Post a Comment